Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hardware Co.


Hardware Co.

Oil on Canvas

5 x7 inches

2009

Auburn, Alabama

August, 29, 2009


It was a grey rainy morning in Auburn and once again I had no idea what to paint. I decided it would be best to just backpack around with my gear and see what caught my eye.


I had a street scene in mind but just couldn’t commit to a view. After getting some art supplies at J&M I headed down to Taylor’s bakery for a coffee. I saw a nice interior in there that I will have to paint some day, but I left with just a coffee. I went out the back door and walked through the parking lot and saw the back of the Hardware Co.


Everything was in drab grays with a spot of color here and there. It looked to me like part of an old fishing village. Halfway through painting a UPS truck parked right in front of me. The driver was nice enough to move it back and I promised to intercept the parking ticket person should they come by. I had a nice talk with a police officer as I painted too.


I always like painting in town, it is a nice way to see the familiar in a new way.

If you would like to buy "Hardware Co.", contact Ronald Bayens at

bayens@bellsouth.net

No comments:

Post a Comment