Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oncoming Train

Oncoming Train
Canvas on panel
8 x 10 inches
October 1, 2009
Auburn, Alabama

I am fixing up an old Camry wagon for my son Christian. It is a great car but its front bumper was quite bent giving the car a very sad expression. I brought it to an auto baby shop on Opelika road to have it straightened. They said it wouldn’t take too long so I brought my paints.

I put on my painting backpack kit and started to hike looking for something to paint. I cut across the road and thought I would walk the railroad tracks. I found my subject quickly.

I have affection for trains; I can’t seem to get enough of them. My last studio in Opelika was right on the tracks and the train coming never failed to get me to stand at the window and watch.

I was near the end of this painting when I heard the tracks click. The tracks always click when the train is within a couple of miles. I put some coins on the track to squish, couldn’t resist and readied my paint brush. I wanted a train in the picture. As it appeared I tried to hold the image in my head as it rumbled past. Then I popped it in.

I see more train paintings in my future.

If you would like to buy "Oncoming Train" please contact Ronald Bayens
bayens@bellsouth.net
334-7

No comments:

Post a Comment