Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pond Reflections


Pond Reflections

Oil on Canvas

8 x 10 inches

2009

Auburn, Alabama


One of my students Sheri has started a Plein Air painting group in Auburn. She has asked me several times to come to“paint out” and something has always come up. Finally I had time this Wednesday.

The site was Town Creek Park in Auburn. The park has a man made pond that has a robust turtle and algae population. I was attracted to the little white flowers growing along the edge of the pond and wished there were lily pads to fill out the composition. Fortunately there were clumps of algae and duck weed. I figured if I kept it loose enough they would have the same effect. There is a lot to paint in this little park and I will be back there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment