Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pears


Pears
$100
Oil on Canvas
14 x18 inches
2009
Auburn, Alabama

I was having a difficult morning. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t motivate myself to paint. I went to Keisel Park in auburn and thought I would find something but still no motivation.

I sat under a shade tree for an hour really getting down that I couldn’t paint. There was a pear tree about 15 feet from me and I was fascinated by the light on the leaves and pears. I wondered whether such a chaotic grouping could be painted. After talking to a friend who assured me it could be done I set up in the blazing sun and started.

All was going well until a car pulled up in the parking lot near by and a couple decided to have an hour long spat. I wish I had my ipod at the time. I focused through the distraction and was pleased when I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment