Friday, July 10, 2009

Where are the Horses


Where Are the Horses?
SOLD


Oil on Canvas Panel
5x7 inches
Fall, 2006
Creekwood Drive, Auburn, Alabama


Just outside of Auburn, there is a road that goes to a friend’s house. I have been drawn to it many times because it has these wonderful horse pastures with shade trees scattered about.

On this particular day, I was out to paint horses and there were several hanging out quite peacefully beneath the shade trees. They were so tranquil that through my whole setup not one of them moved.

At this point, I felt sure that they would stay put and I would paint the area under the trees to have the shadow shapes falling as I wanted. I could happily put in the horses as the finishing touch. Well, like all great plans it didn't happen as I hoped. Just as I completed the landscape, the horses quietly walked out of the picture one by one and over a hill where I couldn't even see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment