Thursday, July 16, 2009

Trumpet Vine

Trumpet Vine
$100
Oil on Canvas
8 x 16 ianches
2009
Auburn, Alabama

I have had this long narrow canvas for a while and have always wanted to paint a landscape on it. So many times I picked it up only to “chicken out” and go for another 8” x10”.

This time I took it and was determined to paint a picture on it. I decided to go to the forest on the University grounds that the Forestry department manages. It is mostly treed and had lots of trails. I have walked it many many times with the dogs and found it a very peaceful place.

I spotted the trumpet flower vine when I parked the van and I examined it for several minutes. It had such a long arc through the bushes with a simple grouping of three flowers on the end. It was perfect for a long canvas.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, Ronald. I found you in my blog Followers and am enjoying seeing your work. Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete