Sunday, July 12, 2009

Unknown Flower


Unknown Flower
$100
Oil on Canvas
8 x 10 inches
2009
Auburn, Alabama

Finding a subject is both exciting and frustrating. In this case I was once again clueless on what I was going to paint but I decided that I would find it with in a small area. I searched around and had several possibilities. The big problem was the abundance of green, all the same shade.

Then I saw this weird flower all by itself hidden behind several branches of over grown privet. I moved the branches and tied one back to get a better view of the flower.

I worked fast because the mosquitoes were very active. I tried to keep the focus on the flower and rely on contrast over color to get the painting.

1 comment:

  1. I love beauty found in unexpected places. This is what this painting says to me.

    ReplyDelete